November 2-4, 2009 – Gubkin University delegation visited the School of Industrial Engineering and Management at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden.
Gubkin University was represented by prof. V.G. Martynov, rector, and prof. A.S. Lopatin, deputy rector for information technologies. The meeting culminated in signing a framework agreement on establishing a cooperation partnership between the universities covering the following areas:
· Joint activities in developing internationally recognized educational programs;
· Joint research activities of mutual interests;
· Exchange of master-level students, PhD students, visiting scholars and post-doc researchers;
· Participation in jointly organized international seminars and academic meetings;
· Development of technical presentations, short courses, training programs and
· Exchange of publications, academic materials and other information.
This agreement is a signpost document in internationalization of Gubkin university, since this is the first agreement with a partner university in Sweden, and the second Scandinavian agreement after the partnership agreement with the University of Stavanger.